Some good news. Some bad news.
The good news is that the listenership for Banding Together is up this year! The bad news is that donations are down.
Don’t worry. The webathon is re-airing through Friday evening, so there is still time to make your donation to the Spondylitis Association of America. Ankylosing spondylitis is a form of progressive arthritis due to chronic inflammation of the joints in the spine. It can be very painful to those who are affected by it.
Please consider donating today!
P.S. If you missed the first airing of my set, you can listen to it again on Friday, October 23rd at 11am!
Banding Together begins tomorrow – Friday, Oct 16th at 11am and runs through Monday evening at blowupradio.com.
But you don’t have to wait until tomorrow to make a donation to the Spondylitis Association of America and receive this year’s special compilation album download!
Make your donation here.
Here’s the track list of the compilation album you’ll receive:
1. Josh Bicknell – a new start [live at Espresso Joe’s]
2. Jersey Drive – if minds could kill [single version]
3. The Deafening Colors – jerry ryan
4. The Extras, Inc. – some people in this world
5. Lifeguard Nights – bible girl [rough mix]
6. d.smith – alcohol [live]
7. Shotgun Bill and the Red Hot Pistols – one too many
8. David Van Orden Jr. – stories of a man with my name
9. HAL – dichotomy
10. The Clydes – the lie escape
11. Jonathan Andrew – silver screen [live]
12. Diego Allessandro & Lot 25 – restless heart
13. Keith Beck’s Zigman Bird – dry tears
14. Fun While You Wait – lost [live]
15. Christian Beach – paper ships [live]
16. Son Of Dov – breathing fire [live]
17. Fairmont – bad time
18. Suspecting Victim – wolves in sheep clothing
19. Colie Brice – delicate flower (out loud)
20. Weird and Wonderful Words – canoodle
21. Catherine Wacha – the ballad of marion crane
22. Deena – been so crazy lately
23. Faust Fulton And Friends – something real [live]
24. LHCisco – mr. gloom [chill version]
25. A Halo Called Fred – I haz a sad
26. The Blurry Minds – I just want to be gold
27. Little Big Toe – build a boat
28. The Wag – I’ll be all right (F#m7)
29. Naked Ant – the scene
30. Don Lee – brand new star
31. Hat & Boots – I could be
32. 1L – the 1L show
33. Melissa Anthony – 4/14
34. Just Waiting – useless
35. The Accelerators – beat generation
36. Frank & Bill – purple corvette
37. Joe Canzano – ride thru wyoming
38. The Wailing Kids – de la pueblo
39. The Way Out – deep end
40. Bruce Tunkel – friday’s here [live]
41. Mike Clifford – on a friday night
So don’t wait! Make your donation today.
I’m happy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of Banding Together, a webathon to benefit the Spondylitis Association of America. October 16-19th.
This year marks my fourth year of playing this webathon as a solo acoustic artist.
Lazlo is the man behind this benefit. He is someone who works tirelessly in service of independent artists. His internet radio station Blowupradio is one of the longest-running stations on the web. Long before you could stream Pandora on your iPhone, long before iPhones even existed, you could stream his radio station over the Internet.
This benefit is a personal one for him, as his wife suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis. In his spirit of giving, Lazlo will be giving a ton of his time and all donations to the Spondylitis Association of America.
How do you donate?
Throughout the webathon there will be a link on blowupradio.com to donate to the SAA.
What do you get for donating?
Besides the release of positive endorphins from donating to a worthy cause? Everyone who donates will receive a compilation album to download. It includes special tracks from artists performing during the webathon. I’m adding a live performance of my song “A New Start” to this compilation. It will not be available anywhere else. The recording was captured this past year at Espresso Joe’s coffee house during one of Lazlo’s Guitar Pull events.
How do you learn more?
The official press release and schedule of performances is here: http://blowupradio.tripod.com/newsletters/2015/spondypr.html
What else do you need to know?
More posts about this will be forthcoming. In the meantime, feel free to stream and download my performances from the three previous years.
Today, I’m releasing a new record into the world! It’s a recording of my recent performance on Banding Together: A Webathon to Benefit the Spondylitis Association of America.
About the Record
Things you won’t find on the record:
- studio tricks
Things you will find on the record:
- my voice
- acoustic guitar
- original songs recorded in their purest, simplest form
The recording features a half hour of original music, recorded in a way that captures the live performance with high fidelity. I worked with Missile Silo Studios to mix and master it professionally, so it sounds good coming out of your sound docks, speakers, and earbuds. (Read more about the recording process here.)
How to Get the Record
The record is available as a digital download.
Pay what you want for it. You can even grab it for free. I’m proud of the way it came out and I just want you to have it!
After you download it to your computer, you can easily add it to iTunes, Spotify, or any other music player. Just drag the files into your player.
Get the new record today ➝
I hope you enjoy it!
I was pleasantly surprised and quite honored to see this tweet from Lazlo of Blow Up Radio last night.
My live album Banding Together 2013, was named #5 in Lazlo’s list of Top 10 Live Albums of 2013! I am so honored to be among a diverse list that also includes Dream Theater, Guster, and the Counting Crows. Wow.
Here’s the complete Top 10:
10. Dream Theater – live at Luna Park
9. Guster – live with the redacted symphony
8. Dispatch – ain’t no trip to Cleveland vol. 1
7. Bruce Tunkel – bootleg series vol. 2
6. The Porchistas – live
5. Josh Bicknell – Banding Together 2013
4. The Howlin’ Brothers – the sun studio session
3. Midge Ure – live in Chicago 2013
2. Skinny Lister – Skinny Lister Folkadelphia Suitcase Session 4/24/2013
1. Counting Crows – Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow
And remember, you can pay what you want for Banding Together 2013 right here.