This time of year usually presents an opportunity to look back on the past year and look forward to the next. For me, 2009 absolutely flew… and for good reason. I released two records, first with double-breasted in January and then another in July with Hey Tiger. Both groups were busy playing shows all year to promote these records. We also spent valuable time working on new material. I won’t make any promises just yet, but I hope to have more new music out to you this year.
I took a few moments to look back on 2009 and thought I’d share a few musical highlights from the year.
1. Released our first full-length CD, Who Will Love You? on January 30th at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ. Lazlo of BlowUpRadio.com actually got a copy of it in early December ’08 and named it #13 on his top records of 2008. We were absolutely flattered.
It is available for purchase on our website and iTunes: http://www.doublebreastedmusic.com/purchase
*To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the release, we’ve reduced the price of our disc for the month of January on CD Baby. If you haven’t picked up your copy yet, now’s your chance to get the physical CD for $7.99 and the MP3 version for just $5! Click here to purchase from CD Baby.
2. Performed live on Philly Radio 104.5 on May 8th. Check out the video of our radio performance here.
3. Opened for the national Broadway tour of RENT! on February 15th at NJPAC, featuring original cast members Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp!
4. Launched our new website www.doublebreastedmusic.com!
1. Released a new EP, Morning Light on July 24th at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ. It is now available for purchase on our website and also on iTunes. The Sunday prior to releasing the disc, we all met and hand-stamped the cover art onto each CD Package, so each CD package is unique in quality and color. http://www.heytigerband.com/purchase
2. Recorded a set for a benefit webcast on blowupradio.com to benefit the Spondylitis Association of America.
3. Witnessed a marriage proposal during our set at the Homegrown NJ Music Festival on September 5th. Following the proposal, the couple enjoyed their first engaged dance to our song, “Simply.”
4. Did a complete facelift and relaunch of our website www.heytigerband.com!